Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hey, Crayzee!

Look, someone wrote a poem about you!

The Crazy Woman
by Gwendolyn Brooks

I shall not sing a May song.
A May song should be gay.
I'll wait until November
And sing a song of gray.

I'll wait until November
That is the time for me.
I'll go out in the frosty dark
And sing most terribly.

And all the little people
Will stare at me and say,
"That is the Crazy Woman
Who would not sing in May."

You know how I know it's about you? Aside from the Crazy Woman part, of course?

First, there's the part about waiting until November, which is obviously a political reference to the coming exit of your nemesis, President George W. Bush. And second, there's the reference to "all the little people"; obviously, that refers to those of us who refuse to acknowledge your superiority in all things.

Gwendolyn Brooks has mad poem-writing skillz. Somebody should tell her how to spell crayzee, though.

1 comment:

Mom In Scrubs said...

Patsy Cline comes to mind:

"Craayy-zeee..."