Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prayers

Little old guy comes in cuz he can't pee.

"Jeebus, pleeeeeeeeze, halp me, Jeebus!" over and over with nary a pause for breath.

I get him up on the stretcher, pop in a Foley, and lo and behold, out comes 1500 mls of nucky-looking urine.

"Thank 'ee, Jeebus! Oh Lawd, thank 'ee, Jeebus!" over and over with nary a pause for breath.

I said, "Sir, Jeebus didn't put that catheter in, I did."

"Lawd, thank 'ee Jeebus for this purty lady wif'n the caffeter. Lawd, thank 'ee Jeebus!" over and over with nary a pause for breath.

He was still thanking Jeebus for the purty lady wif'n the caffeter 10 minutes later.

I love little old guys.

6 comments:

Joeymom said...

At least he was thanking Jeebus for the right thing!

ERP said...

Perhaps you should have dressed like the Taliban when put it in. Maybe it would have opened his mind up to other religions.

Evil Transport Lady said...

Never thought a guy would be happy to be cathed;)

Anonymous said...

THAT had to have been a first. Thanking Jesus for someone shoving a plastic tube up your peehole.

Old NFO said...

Trust me Ladies, when you can't go, ANY relief feels oh so good :-) I'd be thanking a diety or two also.

911DOC said...

hey mg,
how did you put that thing in anyway. did you use the duck sauce?