Friday, October 5, 2007

Night Shift Fitness: A Sign From God

I had a patient that was having an active asthma attack in triage, SPO2 87 % on room air and sounded like hell; I could hear him wheezing from across the room. Obviously he went straight back.

The way our ER is set up, it's actually faster sometimes to go back outside and come in the ambulance entrance, which is a double sliding door with keypad access. Said door is a bit schizophrenic, sometimes it opens and closes at will, much to the dismay of the person walking through it.

As I was pushing him through the door, it proceeded to close squarely upon my ass. And it stayed closed for a moment before setting my ass free. This was no loving squeeze, either. I have nice, purple, linear bruises on either side of my ass. Not my hips, my ass.

God has spoken. I need to go on a diet.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

LOL - night shift will do it every time. Seriously. There are studies...

Full-On-Forward said...

ass-GLASS!!! HE HE HHEHE HEHE HEHEH

:-) bUTTHEAD jOHN

Amanda said...

ROFLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, I think that's the best thing I've heard all day!

Uhm... sorry about your ass. And the bruises. And stuff.

911DOC said...

work related injury. the cochran firm. retire.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I will so hold my breath for that diet to start. Hurry back, you know your missing me.

L