Thursday, August 9, 2007

*sigh*

I think my mommy likes Ambulance Driver better than me. She just called to find out if I knew where to get a copy of his boooook. (Imagine the previous word spoken in a singsongy jealous teenager voice.) I directed her to the Double-Wide Fund link.

She wants to know why I don't write a book.

I asked if her Alzheimer's has made her forget my attention span (or lack thereof). She said that's why books have chapters.

I told her I'd leave that to the talented writers.

She said that I don't have to be a good writer to make money; just look at J.K. Rowling.

Touche, mommy, touche.

4 comments:

MonkeySister said...

I am so hurt that you don't appreciate Ms. Rowling for the literary genius that she is.

If only I hadn't bought each book as they came out, I could have had you buy me the box set now. Oh well, there's always the box set of DVD's in a few years.

I'm not pathetic, Mom, shut up!

Ambulance Driver said...

Awwww, I'm touched!

Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you my address. When Mom gets through reading, she can ship it to me and I'll scribble a few lines in it for her.

Mother Jones RN said...

You're mom is right. You are a very talented writer. Moms know best:-)


MJ

Mother Jones RN said...

You're mom is right. You are a very talented writer. Moms know best:-)


MJ