Saturday, August 25, 2007

Damn memes

Bohemian Road Nurse and Mark from Mark on the World have both tagged me for one of those meme thingees again. I'm going to guess that they weren't reading my blog back in May when I did it the first time. But in an effort to be a good blogger, I'll do it again. It has been three months, after all.

1. When I graduated from high school I wanted to be an accountant. I love math. But I was bored out of my skull in my business classes, so when I took an EMT class and loved it, it didn't take much for me to change direction from business to medicine.

2. I have an aunt who is a medical missionary in Bangladesh. She has been there as long as I have been alive. She's an RN, and she's the most incredible person I have ever met.

3. I cry every time I watch Remember the Titans. It's my chick flick.

4. I crochet. I make doilies and tablecloths with thread and afghans with yarn, and I usually do it while watching football.

5. I am scared of the dark. I have nightlights all through the house. It makes my husband crazy.

6. I play the piano. I can play most songs by ear, and can sight read most music. I used to be pretty good before I stopped practicing.

7. I hate lotion. I absolutely hate the feeling of it. It's slimy and greasy and I can't stand it on my hands.

8. I love roses. Those big, beautiful roses that you can only get from the florist. I always say it's a waste of money to buy bouquets of roses, but I'm lying. I'd love to keep a vase of them on the table all the time.

I'm not going to tag anyone. But if anyone else wants to play, go for it.

7 comments:

Impetua said...

OMG I thought I was the only person in the world who hated hand lotion.

How do you keep your hands from becoming scaly with all the handwashing? I am going into nursing school and just taking the CNA class made my hands dry up and crack. Do you just grin and bear the hand lotion thing?

The Platypus said...

I got tagged for one of those meme things once but I got stuck on the second point. Oh well...

Full-On-Forward said...

Good stuff MG--amen to the lotion- I thought it was a guy thing!

John

Anonymous said...

I only tripped over your blog a few weeks back, so you're right: I missed the first take on it.

Apologies for the repeat. Thanks for the re-do.

Bo... said...

Hey thanks --- you're a good sport for doing it again!

jokergirl@wererabbits said...

Why on earth did you want to be an accountant if you love math? Accountants count - that's why they are called ac-count-ants ;)
Mathematicians, on the other hand, pretty much lose their use for normal numbers when they go to college. Fun!

I hate hand lotion too :( But it beats having dry hands, or so I try to tell myself. I just use as little as possible.

;)

NocturnalRN said...

Oh my Gosh! Me too about #3